Conveyor Belt Technician
Alexander, AR 72002
Conveyor Belt Technician/MutilCraft Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Use hand, power tools and equipment to cut, shape, splice, and fit various conveyor belting materials / fabricate conveyor belts
Calculate material usage and waste for each order
Accurately measure accurately and assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents and equipment
Prepare and mix various glues and bonding cements
Adhere, grind, and finish custom rubber and foam coverings
Mix and apply custom silicone coverings
Operate a forklift
Inspect manufactured products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards through instruments and visual verification
Wrap and package products for shipping or storage
Operate various shipping computer programs (UPS, etc.)
Maintain a clean and organized work area
Follow all safety rules and regulations
Any other duties as assigned
1. Have general knowledge of industry based maintenance/mechanical apptitude
2. Have a working understanding of electrical, electrical controls, basic electrical principles.
3. Working understanding of mechanical area, hydraulics-material elevators, compactors, balers, lifts, chain conveyors, and pneuamatic conveyor systems.
4. Candidiate should have outgoing attitude and be able to get along well with others.
5. Candidiate should possess trouble shooting skills on a wide range of equipment.
6. Candidates with invenory of personal tools preferred, company will provide major equipment.