Benton, AR 72015
Position Summary: Responsible for the production of high quality ceramic, metallic, and non-metallic products.
- Possesses advanced understanding of established procedures and applies this knowledge to unusual and complex production problems (i.E. Fixture fabrication, design tooling, set up of process flow, wheel selection).
- Is the recognized expert and may be sought out to perform leadership duties as necessary.
- Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity, requiring extensive knowledge in a wide range of product specific manufacturing processes.
- May perform basic machine adjustments, if necessary.
- May read and interpret drawings and blueprints to determine machine set-up and production methods.
- May visually or mechanically inspect parts for defects (cracks, chips, dimension, surface finish, etc) as part of in-process inspection; records results and notifies lead/supervisor of deviation as appropriate. May use one of more of the following for measuring and inspection: Tape Measure, various types of Micrometers and Calipers, Profilometer, Height Gauge, Optical Comparator, and Coordinate Measuring Machine.
- Understands and meets or exceeds quality standards; seeks to minimize reject rate.
- Follows approved electronic work instructions; follows established department procedures, which may be found in electronic or paper form. Incumbent must be capable of finding and referencing work instructions when asked.
- May be required to perform some simple machine preventative maintenance functions.
- Keeps machines clean; notifies supervisor or maintenance when machine abnormalities occur.
- May use the manufacturing computer system for basic departmental functions, such as entering part transfers and scrap; reports any discrepancies to lead or supervisor.
- May be required to interpret intermediate control charts and simple capability studies within Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Willingly accepts responsibility of sharing skills and knowledge with other employees. May train other employees on equipment or process flow as required.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts, supporting and implementing new ideas.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality and an acceptable level of performance.
- Assists in any and all areas as assigned.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May work any and all shifts/days as required.
- Maintains acceptable level of cleanliness in the work area.
Education, Training, and Skill Recommendations/Requirements:
- Must meet all training requirements as defined by department.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.