Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Conway, AR 72034
FirstStaff is looking for a responsible Shipping & Receiving Clerk to work in our client's warehouse in Conway AR. Your job will be to receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders.
A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have adequate physical strength to unload shippings as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
- Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Directs others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Reports variances and discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Records amounts of materials or items received
- Ability to work with customers and resolve and respond to customer requests and inquiries
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
- Experience in operating forklifts
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulationsBasic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS
- High school diploma